Friday, November 27, 2015

Dinner and Sundry.

I cannot invent what didn't happen. Well, I can, but then I'd be writing fiction and trying to get paid for it so I certainly wouldn't be posting it willy-nilly now would I?

Ahem.  So, we did nothing for the rest of the day except go have dinner. We lolled about, napped, lolled some more.  Nothing.  Not much grist for the mill really. 

So.  Here are two random observations about Sri Lanka:

  First, Sri Lankan Tuk-Tuk drivers are the nicest and most helpful three wheeler pilots I have encountered.   They are cheerful when we refuse their call of "Tuk-Tuk Sir?"  They give up the first time with a smile.  Strangest of all, a Sri Lankan Tuk-Tuk driver will actually give you directions or ask you if you need help even if don't hire them. This is unheard of in most of SE Asia. 

Secondly.  As you may have noticed from some of my previous blogs, I am not overly fond of Dags.  The sneaky curs that have skulked after me on country lanes in SE Asia or lonely stairways in Ecuador win no favor from me.  But Sri Lankan dogs are, for the most part, the laziest and most mellow canines I have met in my travels.  

For no reason, here is a picture of a horse walking in traffic.  

Oh, yeah, dinner. 

It was great.  

And cheap.  

And full of atmosphere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment