Wednesday, November 18, 2015

String Hoppers!!!

Since I let you down with the dinner report from Galle Fort, I am using the miracle of blog time travel to return to Colombo and our last dinner there. 

First off, String Hoppers are the coolest finger food ever.  Second, they are delicious and fun. String Hoppers are little flat baskets of rice noodle woven together like small doilies.  I have no idea how they are made, but I am now skilled in their use.  

The string hoppers come on a platter and the fiery beef curry in a bowl. Spoon the curry onto a hopper, fold it like a taco, and pop that bad boy into your mouth. Repeat as needed.  If you keep eating them the curry joint guys will keep bringing you more.  

Whew, I'm glad I could salvage the evening with a positive food report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment