Monday, November 9, 2015

Obligations

This is the preliminary blog post, the post where I name the blog, give it some little life mission, and then push it out into the world to sink or swim in the ether.  This brief post will serve as an answer to those of you who have asked "Will you be blogging?" 

I have other obligations.  I apologize in advance for any excessive pretense that may creep into these posts.  My reality has become a blur of such constant and radical change that a state of flux appears as normal to me.  Given the Grand (capital "G") changes in my Life (capital "L") I am afraid a little pretense may inevitably appear.  Again, my apologies.

In my new world, my new land, my new story, I have things to do.  Today is the day that I register my residence.  I will take the U-Bahn linie 6 up to Niederhofstrasse and then walk to the Magistrate's office.  I will present myself and my documents, my completed Meldezettel, and be vouched for by my lovely partner.  This accomplished, I will be officially registered at an address in Wien, Austria.  A small step, but the first official step taken on the road to becoming a legal resident.

So.  A new land, a new tale.  Literally.  Follow along if you like.  I believe there will be some significant grist for the mill, albeit possibly beyond my abilities to deal with it.   By the way, the obligation reference was very tongue-in-cheek, as I am sure you have discerned.  These small items attended to, I have to go.  Things to do, worlds to explore, you know how it is. 

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you Marco. We are, after all, dust in the wind. May the wind takes to the amazing places and fun life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you and your new chapter !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever *it* is, get it done well. Butt, by all means, write. Your prose gives sail to this dust.

    ReplyDelete